Wednesday, March 10, 2010

France via Photos, part 1

I've been really busy this week and haven't had the time to write a blog entry. I'll post some pictures from my trip to tide you over for now! Enjoy! :)

The view outside my hotel room in Verdun.


WONDERFUL raspberry cake and coffee from a cafe in Verdun


Verudn


Verdun


Memorial for the battle of Verdun


This used to be a forest. It was completely destroyed at the battle of Verdun. Every hole is where a shell hit. 


Graves from the men lost at the battle of Verdun


A huge, beautiful church in Reims--I've forgotten the name of it though...


It was designed after Notre Dame, I think.


The stained glass windows inside were beautiful!


G. H. Mumm Champagne- we had a tasting and tour here!


Champagne cellar, they have a bottle of very wine they've made in this room.

Versailles from the back in the gardens

Hall of Mirrors


The gardens at Versailles were gorgeous!!


In front of the Arc de Triumph


This is my favorite picture of the Eiffel Tower


Me on the top of the tower! 

Oh goodness. This is taking so long! I'll finish later. I visited the Eiffel Tower on my first night in Paris, so there is a lot more to cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment