Thursday, February 4, 2010

Red Wine, Fondue and African Masks

I had a really good day yesterday. The kind that only a plaid shirt can bring about!!! :) (Alex- I meant to call you yesterday and tell you that I wore my plaid, but alas, I did not.)

I went a registered for my CPR number, which grants me the same health care as a Danish citizen. Then I went into the city and met up with a friend. We decided it was time to try out a Danish McDonalds. I mean, it was typical McD's. Nothing too special, I don't know why people freak out about it...plus a meal cost like $12. So not worth it. But we did wander around in the city a bit. We found the British/South African store. And guess what I found.....DR. PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited!!! It's Dr. Pepper Zero, which we don't have in the states, but I am going back to purchase some of it ASAP!!

Then we went to our friend Beth's house for dinner. Her host family is so nice! And their house is amazing!!!! 4 stories, including a basement, with a home theater!! They also had two Britney Spaniels. It was nice being around a dog again, I miss Gus!!

Dinner was awesome- we had fondue and lovely wine! I found a red wine that I actually like. I don't remember the name of it, but it's Spanish.

It was a good day. And I'm all packed now, and about to leave for my short study tour to Jutland (the part of Denmark that is attached to Germany). We are coming back on Saturday- so I'll be out of contract til Saturday night. We are going to visit an open prison. It should be an interesting experience! We are also going to visit a Folk High School- it's this weird stage of high school that is after normal school. I'm not going to lie, I don't fully understand how it works... BUT I am making an African mask whilst I'm there, or so I'm told.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you saw Brittany Spaniels!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! You wore your plaid on the third but posted this on the fourth, and I specifically remember wearing my plaid on the fourth. lol!

    ReplyDelete